Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chris Patton’s Pottery and Ceramic Studio

I am starting Classes in practical creative traditional craft pottery for beginners and the more advanced. The objectives will be creativity and craftsmanship. These will be practical hands-on workshops with the aim of producing innovative good quality ceramics as well as developing a wide understanding of ceramics and its design and tradition Coiling, slab building, throwing, modelling, decorating and glazing will be explored The classes will be open ended and will go where the journey takes them The mediums are terra-cotta and stoneware. Class will be small and informal. Eight pairs of hands are needed to get the show on the road.
For more information give me a call or pay me a visit at my studio and see the setup. I’ve been a full time potter for most of my working life and have extensive knowledge of all aspects of the craft.
My studio is on the West Rand, nearest land marks are Pinehaven intersection on Hendrik Potgieter or Featherbrook Estate 25 minutes from Northcliff. 31 Francis Road, Northvale, Muldersdrift.
Phone 0731663827 email cpatton@wbs.co.za web www.pattonpots.co.za


Come and get your hands dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment